Anzac day is a day for remembering our brave soldiers, why not do so while enjoying some Anzac biscuit deliciousness. With this recipe you not only have dessert sorted but also something for the biscuit tin.
3 apples, peeled and diced
3 feijoas, peeled and diced
1 tbsp brown sugar (optional)
1 cup flour
¾ cup caster sugar
1 cup desiccated coconut
2 cups rolled oats
125 g butter
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp boiling water
- Heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan bake). Place flour, caster sugar, coconut and oats in a bowl and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre.
- Place butter and golden syrup in a saucepan to melt. Dissolve baking soda in boiling water. Add melted ingredients and dissolved baking soda to dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Lay apples and feijoas in the bottom of an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Take half of the crumble mixture and spread evenly on top of the fruit. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve with cream.
- With the remaining mixture roll spoonfuls into balls and press onto a baking tray, allowing space for biscuits to spread while cooking.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until firm and golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- You can substitute the fruit for peaches or plums