Cook time: 25 mins
A yummy winter soup that everyone will love. Serve with some crusty bread… and for a little extra magic, add a swirl of coconut, a few green leaves of coriander and lastly a sprinkle of diced salami or bacon.
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp oil
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic
5cm knob of ginger, grated
2 stalks of celery
1 orange capsicum
1 orange kumara
2 chicken stock cubes
½ can coconut cream
½ tsp nutmeg
4 tbsp Coconut cream (enough to swirl on top of each bowl)
Few sprigs of Coriander
4 tbsp Salami – diced (fried bacon would do the trick too) Leave out for vegetarians.
- Heat saucepan on medium add butter and oil. Add onions and cook 5 minutes, add garlic and ginger and combine. After a minute or so add carrot, celery and capsicum.
- After about 3 minutes add pumpkin & kumara and sauté for 2 minutes. Add chicken stock and enough water to cover vegetables then bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook until pumpkin and kumara soft. Remove from heat and using a stick blender blend.
- Return to heat and add ½ can coconut cream and season with some salt to taste. Grate over the nutmeg, remove from the heat and blend one more time.
- Serve in bowls. For a little extra magic, add a swirl of coconut, a few green leaves of coriander and lastly a sprinkle of diced salami or bacon.(leave out last sprinkle for vegetarians)